|1.||GE8151 PROBLEM SOLVING AND PYTHON PROGRAMMING
|1. Compute the GCD of two numbers.
2. Find the square root of a number (Newton‘s method)
3. Exponentiation (power of a number)
4. Find the maximum of a list of numbers
5. Linear search and Binary search
6. Selection sort, Insertion sort
7. Merge sort
8. First n prime numbers
9. Multiply matrices
10. Programs that take command line arguments (word count)
11. Find the most frequent words in a text read from a file
12. Simulate elliptical orbits in Pygame
13. Simulate bouncing ball using Pygame
|1. Determination of rigidity modulus – Torsion pendulum
2. Determination of Young‘s modulus by non-uniform bending method
3. (a) Determination of wavelength, and particle size using Laser
4. Determination of thermal conductivity of a bad conductor – Lee‘s Disc method.
5. Determination of velocity of sound and compressibility of liquid – Ultrasonic interferometer
6. Determination of wavelength of mercury spectrum – spectrometer grating
7. Determination of band gap of a semiconductor
8. Determination of thickness of a thin wire – Air wedge method
|1. Torsion pendulum
2. Young’s modulus by non-uniform bending method
3. Wavelength, and particle size using Laser, angle in an optical fiber
4. Thermal conductivity of bad conductor Lee’s Disc
5. Velocity of sound and compressibility of liquid-Ultrasonic interferometer
6. Wavelength mercury spectrum – spectrometer grating
7. band gap of a semiconductor
8. Thickness of a thin wire-Air wedge method
|1. Estimation of HCl using Na2CO3 as primary standard & Determination of alkalinity in water.
2. Determination of total, temporary & permanent hardness of water by EDTA method.
3. Determination of DO content of water sample by Winkler‘s method.
4. Determination of chloride content of water sample by argentometric method.
5. Estimation of cr content of the given solution by Iodometry.
6. Determination of strength of given hydrochloric acid using pH meter.
7. Determination of strength of acids in a mixture of acids using conductivity meter.
8. Estimation of iron content of the given solution using potentiometer.
9. Estimation of iron content of the water sample using spectrophotometer (1, 10-
Phenanthroline / thiocyanate method).
10. Estimation of sodium and potassium present in water using flame photometer.
11. Determination of molecular weight of polyvinyl alcohol using Ostwald viscometer.
12. Pseudo first order kinetics-ester hydrolysis.
13. Corrosion experiment-weight loss method.
14. Determination of CMC.
15. Phase change in a solid.
16. Conductometric titration of strong acid vs base.
Engineering Practices Laboratory
|I CIVIL ENGINEERING PRACTICE
(a) Study of plumbing and carpentry components of residential and industrial buildings. Safety aspects.
(a) Study of pipeline joints, its location and functions: valves, taps, couplings, unions, reducers, and elbows in household fittings.
(b) Study of pipe connections requirements for pumps and turbines.
(c) Preparation of plumbing line sketches for water supply and sewage works.
Basic pipe connections – Mixed pipe material connection – Pipe connections with different joining components.
(e) Demonstration of plumbing requirements of high-rise buildings.
Carpentry using Power Tools only:
(a) Study of the joints in roofs, doors, windows and furniture.
Wood work, joints by sawing, planning and cutting.
1. Assorted components for plumbing consisting of metallic & plastic pipes, couplings, unions, elbows and other fittings.
2. Carpentry vice
3. Standard woodworking tools
4. Models of industrial trusses, door joints, furniture joints
5. Power Tools:
(a) Rotary Hammer
(b) Demolition Hammer
(c) Circular Saw
(e) Hand Drilling Machine
Engineering Practices Laboratory
|II MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PRACTICE
(a) Preparation of butt joints, lap joints and T- joints by Shielded metal arc welding.
(b) Gas welding practice
(a) Simple Turning and Taper turning
(b) Drilling Practice
Sheet Metal Work:
(a) Forming & Bending:
(b) Model making – Trays and funnels.
(c) Different type of joints
Machine assembly practice:
(a) Study of centrifugal pump
(b) Study of air conditioner
(a) Smithy operations, upsetting, swaging, setting down and bending. Example – Exercise – Production of hexagonal headed bolt.
(b) Foundry operations like mould preparation for gear and step cone pulley.
(c) Fitting – Exercises – Preparation of square fitting and V – fitting models.
1. Arc welding transformer with cables and holders.
2. Welding booth with exhaust facility
3. Accessories like welding shield, chipping hammer, wire brush, etc.
4. Oxygen, acetylene gas cylinders, blow pipe & other welding outfit.
5. Centre lathe
6. Hearth furnace, anvil & smithy tools
7. Moulding table, foundry tools
8. Power Tool: Angle Grinder
9. Study-purpose items: centrifugal pump, airconditioner
Engineering Practices Laboratory
|GROUP B (ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS)
III ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING PRACTICE
1. Residential house wiring using switches, fuse, indicator, lamp and energy meter.
2. Fluorescent lamp wiring.
3. Stair case wiring
4. Measurement of electrical quantities – voltage, current, power & power factor in RLC circuit.
5. Measurement of energy using single phase energy meter.
6. Measurement of resistance to earth.
IV ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING PRACTICE
1. Study of Electronic components & equipments – Resistor, colour coding, measurement of AC signal parameter using CR.
2. Study of logic gates AND, OR and NOT.
3. Generation of Clock Signal.
4. Soldering practice – Components Devices and Circuits – Using general purpose PCB.
5. Measurement of ripple factor of HWR & FWR
1. Assorted electrical components for house wiring
2. Elec. measuring instruments
3. Study purpose items: Iron box, fan and regulator, emergency lamp
4. Megger (250V/500V).
5. Power Tools:
1. Soldering guns
2. Electronic components for making circuits
3. Small PCBs
5. Study purpose items, , low-voltage power supply
BM8311 – PATHOLOGY AND MICROBIOLOGY LABORATORY
|1. Urine physical and chemical examination (protein, reducing substances, ketones, bilirubin and blood)2. Study of parts of compound microscope
3. Histopathological slides of benign and malignant tumours.
4. Manual paraffin tissue processing and section cutting (demonstration)
5. Cryo processing of tissue and cryosectioning (demonstration)
6. Basic staining – Hematoxylin and eosin staining.
7. Special stains – cresyl fast Blue (CFV)- Trichrome – oil red O – PAS
8. Capsule stain
9. Simple stain.
10. Gram stain.
11. AFB stain.
12. Antigen-Antibody reaction Immuno electrophoresis
13. Slides of malarial parasites, micro filaria and leishmania donovani.
14. Haematology slides of anemia and leukemia.
15. Study of bone marrow charts.
|10||BM8312 – DEVICES AND CIRCUITS LABORATORY||1. Characteristics of PN Junction Diode
2. Zener diode Characteristics & Regulator using Zener diode
3. Common Emitter input-output Characteristics
4. Common Base input-output Characteristics
5. FET Characteristics
6. SCR Characteristics
7. Clipper and Clamper & FWR
8. Verifications of Thevinin & Norton theorem
9. Verifications of KVL & KCL
10. Verifications Of Super Position Theorem
11. Verifications of maximum power transfer & reciprocity theorem
12. Determination Of Resonance Frequency of Series & Parallel RLC Circuits
13. Transient analysis of RL and RC circuits
14. Collection of Blood Samples
15. Identification of Blood groups (Forward and Reverse)
16. Bleeding and Clotting time
17. Estimation of Hemoglobin
18. Total RBC Count
19. Total WBC Count
20. Differential count of Blood cells
21. Estimation of ESR
22. PCV, MCH, MCV, MCHC
24. Visual Activity – Snellen‘s Chart and Jaeger‘s Chart
|11||BM8411 – INTEGRATED CIRCUITS LABORATORY
|1. Inverting, Non inverting and Differential amplifiers.2. Integrator and Differentiator.
3. Instrumentation amplifier4. Active low-pass, High-pass and band-pass filters.5. Astable & Monostable multivibrators and Schmitt Trigger using op-amp.6. RC Phase shift and Wien bridge oscillators using op-amp.
7. Astable and monostable multivibrators using NE555 Timer.8. PLL characteristics and its use as Frequency Multiplier.9. DC power supply using LM317 and LM723.10. Design and implementation of code converters using logic gatesa. (i)BCD to excess-3 code and vice versa (ii) Binary to gray and vice-versa11. Design and implementation of 4 bit binary Adder/ Subtractor and BCD adder using IC 748312. Design and implementation of Multiplexer and De-multiplexer using logic gates13. Design and implementation of encoder and decoder using logic gates14. Construction and verification of 4 bit ripple counter and Mod-10 / Mod-12 Ripple counters15. Design and implementation of 3-bit synchronous up/down counter16. Implementation of SISO, SIPO, PISO and PIPO shift registers using Flip- flops.
17. SPICE Simulation studies.
EC8381 – FUNDAMENTALS OF DATA STRUCTURES IN C
|1. Basic C Programs – looping, data manipulations, arrays
2. Programs using strings – string function implementation
3. Programs using structures and pointers
4. Programs involving dynamic memory allocations
5. Array implementation of stacks and queues
6. Linked list implementation of stacks and queues
7. Application of Stacks and Queues
8. Implementation of Trees, Tree Traversals
9. Implementation of Binary Search trees
10. Implementation of Linear search and binary search
11. Implementation Insertion sort, Bubble sort, Quick sort and Merge Sort
12. Implementation Hash functions, collision resolution technique
PC with C compiler
|13||BM8511 – BIOMEDICAL INSTRUMENTATION LABORATORY||1. Design of pre amplifiers to acquire bio signals along with impedance matching circuit using suitable IC‘s
2. Design of ECG Amplifiers with appropriate filter to remove power line and other artifacts.
3. Design of EMG amplifier
4. Design a suitable circuit to detect QRS complex and measure heart rate
5. Design of frontal EEG amplifier
6. Design of EOG amplifier to detect eye blink
7. Design a right leg driven ECG amplifier.
8. Design and study the characteristics of optical Isolation amplifier
9. Design a Multiplexer and Demultiplexer for any two biosignals.
10. Measurement of pulse-rate using Photo transducer.
11. Measurement of pH and conductivity.
12. Measurement of blood pressure using sphygmomanometer.
13. Measurement and recording of peripheral blood flow
14. Design a PCB layout for any bio amplifier using suitable software tool.
|14||EC8562 – DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING LABORATORY||
1. Generation of elementary Discrete-Time sequences
|15||DIAGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC EQUIPMENT LABORATORY LABORATORY
1. Measurement of visually evoked potential
2. Galvanic skin resistance (GSR) measurement
3. Study of shortwave and ultrasonic diathermy
4. Measurement of various physiological signals using biotelemetry
5. Study of hemodialysis model
6. Electrical safety measurements
7. Measurement of Respiratory parameters using spirometry.
8. Study of medical stimulator
9. Analyze the working of ESU – cutting and coagulation modes
10. Recording of Audiogram
11. Study the working of Defibrillator and pacemakers
12. Analysis of ECG, EEG and EMG signals
13. Study of ventilators
14. Study of Ultrasound Scanners
15. Study of heart lung machine model
|16||EC8681 – MICROPROCESOR AND MICROCONTROLLER LABORATORY||
1. Basic arithmetic and Logical operations
2. Move a data block without overlap
3. Code conversion, decimal arithmetic and Matrix operations.
4. Floating point operations, string manipulations, sorting and searching
5. Password checking, Print RAM size and system date
6. Counters and Time Delay
7. Traffic light controller
8. Stepper motor control
9. Digital clock
10. Key board and Display
11. Printer status
12. Serial interface and Parallel interface
13. A/D and D/A interface and Waveform Generation
14. Basic arithmetic and Logical operations
15. Square and Cube program, Find 2‘s complement of a number
16. Unpacked BCD to ASCII
|17||EC8762 – DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING LABORATORY||
1. Image sampling and quantization
2. Analysis of spatial and intensity resolution of images.
3. Intensity transformation of images.
4. DFT analysis of images
5. Transforms (Walsh, Hadamard, DCT, Haar)
6. Histogram Processing and Basic Thresholding functions
7. Image Enhancement-Spatial filtering
8. Image Enhancement- Filtering in frequency domain
9. Image segmentation – Edge detection, line detection and point detection.
10. Basic Morphological operations.
11. Region based Segmentation
12. Segmentation using watershed transformation
13. Analysis of images with different color models.
14. Study of DICOM standards
15. Image compression techniques
16. Image restoration
17. A mini project based on medical image processing
|18||BM8313 – HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY LABORATORY||