ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The academic objectives of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering are to provide outstanding education and research programs that promote a philosophy of learning that develops a diverse computer science and engineering student body that can be prepared for their specific profession, for advanced studies and careers in research, or for multidisciplinary knowledge. The Department offers a broad undergraduate curriculum, based on theoretical foundations of computer science and engineering, practical applications and designing and implementation of the products and software.
The College of Engineering provides an excellent and accessible education where every student explores real world challenges. We foster innovative practical solutions. We promote creativity, lifelong learning and community engagement. To promote excellence in education for a vibrant and inclusive society through knowledge creation and dissemination.
- To Import quality education to meet national and global challenges.
- To blend theoretical knowledge with practical skills.
- To encourage the faculty to pursue academic excellence through high quality research and
- To provide access to all sections of society to pursue higher education
- To promote the use of new technologies in teaching and research.
- To inculcate right values among students while encouraging.
- To promote leadership qualities among students.
- To produce socially sensitive citizens
- To contribute nation building.
- To hasten the process of creating a knowledge society.
- To provide strong theoretical foundation complemented with extensive practical training.
- To inculcate value-based, socially committed professionalism to the cause of overall development of
students and society.
- To enhance overall research productivity and quality.
- To support with required facilities and Infrastructure.
- To encourage students towards research.
INDUSTRY – INTERACTION:
- To provide consultancy services.
- To collaborate in terms of Research and Development.
- To mutually benefit by exchanging expertise in sub fields of Computer Science.
COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING