ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Welcome to the Civil Engineering Department, one of the oldest departments in the country. The Department of Civil Engineering was started in the year 2013 and presently it offers under graduate program in Civil Engineering. The department aims to provide quality education, research and professional experiences that enable our graduates to become leaders in their professional careers, to pursue excellence in research, and to serve the profession, community and nation, and to be competitive in the international scene. The Department pulls out all stops to create outstanding engineers – with advanced teaching techniques and learning aids for the students. Students are not only made experts in technical aspects but also in interpersonal skills, a vital ingredient to excel in the fast-paced world.
The Department of Civil Engineering is committed to provide unique Outcome Based (OB) learning experience in Civil Engineering discipline by fostering research, innovations, consultancy, leadership and entrepreneurship to groom the students as globally acknowledged Civil Engineering Professionals.
- To provide world class education in emerging technologies by collaborating with all the stakeholders.
- continually improve the infrastructure and training methods for curricular, extra-curricular and co-curricular activities.
- To create excellent work culture and academic ambience to develop student centred innovative learning.
- To build world class research capabilities and broaden students’ horizon of knowledge beyond classroom education.
- To establish incubation centres and encourage entrepreneurship.
- To establish centres of excellence and broaden the students’ horizon of knowledge beyond thecurriculum.
- To work closely with industry and extend consultancy services in niche areas.
- To provide students with soft skills and behavioural training programs to develop their overall personality and social consciousness.
SHORT TERM GOALS:
- To establish state of the art laboratories
- To Introduce Consultancy works for the leading Constructions Companies and to MoU Signed Companies
- To publish research papers in reputed National and International Journals
- To Complete Mini Projects funded by State government, Central government and Industries
- To avail Professional body memberships for Faculty members and students such as ISTE, IGS, IAETSD, and IAEng
- To train students for Competitive exams such as GATE, IES, TNPSC and RRB
- To train the students about advanced software in Civil Engineering
- To assure Placement in Core Companies
- To conduct Technical Symposiums, workshops and National Conferences
- To Implement IQAC for attaining Accreditation process
LONG TERM GOALS:
- To produce Gold medals and University Ranks
- To attain affiliation from NAAC and NBA
- Collaboration with internationally reputed Universities for sharing information and research activities
- To conduct International Conference in Collaboration with International Universities, Professional Bodies and Industries
- To Increase the Intake of UG and to start Post Graduate Courses in Civil Engineering.
The undergraduate program imparts students with mastery in the field of civil engineering besides fluency in mathematics, physics, instrumentation, computers, management and economics – essential requirements for any successful civil engineer. Students gain practical experience from field visits to industries, dams and irrigation structures, construction sites, etc.
The department has well qualified and experienced faculty members in almost entire spectrum of civil engineering. They specialize in structural, geotechnical, environmental, water resources, transportation, surveying, and construction engineering, as well as management, remote sensing and GIS. The faculty members contribute to academic development by publishing books and presenting papers in international and national conferences.
- Computer Aided Design Laboratory
- Survey Laboratory
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- Highway Engineering Laboratory
- Soil Mechanics Laboratory
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory
- Concrete Laboratory
- Exclusive Departmental Library
VALUE ADDED COURSES”
- Auto Cad
- Rivet Architecture
- Staad pro